The first time the term “milkshake” was used in print was in 1885. This milkshake was a concoction of cream, eggs, and whiskey which was often served with other alcoholic tonics such as lemonades and soda waters.
By 1900, a milkshake was often referred to as “wholesome drinks made with chocolate, strawberry or vanilla syrups.” A few years later in the early 1900s, people began asking for this new treat with a scoop of ice cream. It was then by the 1930s that milkshakes were a popular drink in malt shops everywhere.
Maybe you want to top off your vanilla milkshake with a little bit of whipped cream and a cherry on top!!
• The first known printed reference to a “milkshake” dates back to 1885 and contains whiskey as one ingredient. For medicinal purposes only.
• Milkshakes got their name from being served in bars. If the customer enjoyed the milkshake, he shook hands with the bartender. If not, the bartender didn’t get a tip.
• According to The Guinness Book of World Records, in 2000 Ira Freehof (owner of Comfort Diners), (with a lot of help from Parmalot USA and The American Dairy Association), made the world’s largest milkshake. At 6,000 gallons it was the equivalent of 50,000 normal-sized shakes. Do you want fries with that? (Please say no, you don’t need anything else to eat or drink after that, especially not fatty fries.)
• Malted milk powder was invented in 1897 by James and William Horlick, but it was Ivar Coulson, a soda jerk for a Walgreen’s drug store, who first added it to milkshakes in 1922. This created the malted milkshake or just plain “malt.”
• Steven Poplawski invented the electric blender in 1922 just for milkshakes. Before that, the effort of shaking them up must have required a lot of upper body motion.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Give this Creamy Vanilla Milkshake delicious recipe a try.
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Vanilla Milkshake Day.
Kittencal's Creamy Vanilla Milkshake
Prep Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 4 mins
"For chocolate milkshake use chocolate ice cream, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup chocolate milk and 2 tablespoons Nestles chocolate drink mix"
• 2 cups vanilla ice cream
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons sugar ( or adjust to taste)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a blender combine all ingredients starting with 2 tablespoons sugar.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into a tall chilled glass.
4. Top with whipped cream and a cherry if desired.
6 Tricks That Make Men Insanely Attractive
|Photo by Daniel Xavier from Pexels|
How to become better at dating.
NO ADDED JAB
FDA Panel Votes No on Pfizer COVID Boosters for Those Under 65
Reach for one of these healthy ingredients the next time your head is pounding.
When a headache strikes, you may run through your usual routine: Turn out the lights, lie down and pop a pain pill. But did you know that certain foods may ease, and even prevent, headaches? Add these soothing foods to your shopping list and find out for yourself.