• Has been enjoyed since the early American settlers
• Is the official state dessert of Maine
• Was documented in the Appledore Cook Book in 1872
• One of the healthiest fruits on the market
• Inhibit cancer development
• Can help prevent urinary tract disease
• Assist in maintaining normal blood pressure
• Helps reduce blood sugar and symptoms of depression
• Enhance memory
HOW TO OBSERVE
Give this sweet recipe listed below a try: Blueberry Pie recipe.
Use #BlueberryPieDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Blueberry Pie Day.
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1 tablespoon butter
Prep: 15 m
Cook: 50 m
Ready In: 1 h 5 m
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes , or until crust is golden brown.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
It’s almost inevitable. Kids behaving badly in public and moms wanting to hide under a rock.
It happens to the best of moms!
So what’s a mom to do when her child begins to behave badly in public? How can a mom teach her children to behave themselves?
Reach for one of these healthy ingredients the next time your head is pounding.
When a headache strikes, you may run through your usual routine: Turn out the lights, lie down and pop a pain pill. But did you know that certain foods may ease, and even prevent, headaches? Add these soothing foods to your shopping list and find out for yourself.