Tuesday, September 7, 2021
National Beer Lover’s Day is observed annually on September 7th. Beer and the process of brewing beer may predate known history. As varied as the methods, grains, and flavors, beer continues to change and evolve over time. Why drink your alcohol when you can eat it? Try this rich and decadent Best Beer Brownies recipe listed below.
Virginia colonists brewed beer. William Penn included a place for brewing beer within the colony of Pennsylvania which can still be visited at Pennsbury Manor today. The first President of the United States recorded a recipe for brewing beer in his notes. Samuel Adams holds a place in both beer and tea history in this country. There were a few beer lovers and patriots among the nation’s founders.
Five Food Finds about Beer:
• Germany serves beer ice cream in popsicle form. Its alcoholic content is less than that found in “classic” beer.
• In 1962, Iron City beer was the brand used to test-market the concept of tab opening aluminum cans. By 1970, over 90% of all beer cans were self-opening.
• Prohibition, beginning on January 16, 1920, lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours, and 32-1/2 minutes, and was rescinded on December 5, 1933, at 3:32 p.m.
• Centuries ago in England, pub visitors used a novel innovation that enabled them to get their beer served quickly. They used mugs with a whistle baked into the rim, the whistle being used to summon the barmaid. It has been suggested this practice gave birth to the phrase “wet your whistle.”
• A beer lover or enthusiast is called a cerevisaphile.
Best Beer Brownies Recipe
Prep Cook Yield
15 min 25 min 4 Servings
• 6 weight ounce dark chocolate chips • 1/3 cup stout beer • 1/2 cup melted butter • 1 cup granulated sugar • 1/2 cup brown sugar • 3 large eggs • 3/4 cup all purpose flour • 1 teaspoon salt • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Combine the Butter and Sugar Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. 2. Whisk in the Eggs One at a time add the eggs, whisking until well combined before adding another (whisk more than you think necessary). 3. Melt the Chocolate with the Beer Add the chocolate and the beer to the top of a double boiler. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate is melted and well combined with the beer. Tip Don't have a double boiler? No problem! Just put a large metal or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Just make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. 4. Whisk in the Chocolate Add the chocolate to the butter mixture, whisk until well combined. Tip Don't have a double boiler? No problem! Just put a large metal or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Just make sure Wonder why there is no leavening agent (baking soda or baking powder)? Brownies don't need them -- eggs and beer are mild leaveners and are more than enough. A leavening agent would make them cake-like. 5. Stir in the Dry Ingredients Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder to the bowl, stir until just combined. 6. Bake Pour into an 8 X 8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 to 25 minutes (do not over-bake) or until the brownies do not jiggle when the pan is shaken and a tooth pick inserted into the center returns with moist crumbs attached (but not raw batter). 7. Cool, Then Cut Allow to cool completely before cutting. This may take several hours. Brownies will be soft and fudgy. Brownies are best the day after being made.
6 Tricks That Make Men Insanely Attractive
|Photo by Daniel Xavier from Pexels|
How to become better at dating.
Andy Cohen Announces 4-Part RHOBH Reunion as Erika Jayne Takes Credit For the Extended Dramatic Sit-Down
Erika Jayne is confirming the upcoming Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion will heavily focus on her amid her divorce and legal troubles after Andy Cohen announces the sit-down will consist of four parts.
Monday, September 6, 2021
If you are a coffee lover and a lover of ice cream, then this is the food holiday you look forward to every year. National Coffee Ice Cream Day is observed annually on September 6th. This creamy and caffeinated ice cream treat is sure to satisfy your taste buds. There are those that are not a fan of cold coffee. However, when it is whipped with cream and sugar, it takes on a magical taste of its own, and in cake form it is to die for try the Coffee Ice Cream Fudge Cake recipe listed below.
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
National Grand Marnier Day is observed annually on July 14th. An 1880s French invention by Alexandre Marnier-Lapostolle, Grand Marnier adds a splash of orange liquor to mix drinks or desserts. Also enjoyed neat, this cognac concoction blended one of the most expensive fruits of the time with a strong spirit. The result was truly grand.
Reach for one of these healthy ingredients the next time your head is pounding.
When a headache strikes, you may run through your usual routine: Turn out the lights, lie down and pop a pain pill. But did you know that certain foods may ease, and even prevent, headaches? Add these soothing foods to your shopping list and find out for yourself.