Enjoying a delicious chocolate parfait would be a perfect way to end your day. Parfait literally means “perfect” in French! There are a couple of ways to make parfaits. The traditional French-style uses sugar syrup, eggs and cream. The American style layers parfait cream, ice cream and flavored gelatin in a tall, clear glass topped with whipped cream, fruit and liqueurs. The parfait has recently taken a wholesome turn using yogurt layered with nuts and fresh fruits, instead of ice cream and sugary syrups.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Enjoy your version of a chocolate parfait today with family and friends! Use #ChocolateParfaitDay on social media to share your love for this delicious food holiday!
We were unable to find the creator of National Chocolate Parfait Day. Our research did find this scrumptious dessert dates back to 1894 and seems to have originated in France.
PREP TIME CHILL TIME YIELD
20 mins 1 hr Makes 6 servings
We tried using both sugar-free instant and regular pudding mixes to make this chocolate parfait. To our surprise, we preferred the flavor of the sugar-free.
• 1 (1.4-oz.) package fat-free, sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix
• 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
• 1/2 cup light sour cream
• 1 (8-oz.) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
• 3/4 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (4 cracker sheets)
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated chocolate
1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a bowl until blended and smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
2. Spoon 1 Tbsp. crumbs into each of 6 (4-oz.) glasses, and top with 1/3 cup pudding mixture. Repeat layers with remaining crumbs and pudding mixture. Top each parfait evenly with remaining whipped topping and grated chocolate. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
LIFE OR DEATH
|Supreme Court Rules Trump Administration Can Carry Out First Federal Execution in 17 Years|
It’s almost inevitable. Kids behaving badly in public and moms wanting to hide under a rock.
It happens to the best of moms!
So what’s a mom to do when her child begins to behave badly in public? How can a mom teach her children to behave themselves?
Reach for one of these healthy ingredients the next time your head is pounding.
When a headache strikes, you may run through your usual routine: Turn out the lights, lie down and pop a pain pill. But did you know that certain foods may ease, and even prevent, headaches? Add these soothing foods to your shopping list and find out for yourself.