Friday, April 17, 2020
• A cheese spread in the shape of a ball served with crackers, most often around Christmas in the U.S. This cheeseball is commonly made with softened cream cheese and other ingredients.
• Cheese puffs, which is a puffed corn snack, coated with a mixture of cheese or cheese flavored powders. Cheese puffs are manufactured by extruding heated corn dough through a die that forms the particular shape, most likely a ball shape.
• In 1801, the town of Cheshire, MA, sent a 1,000-pound cheese ball to the White House as a gift for new President Thomas Jefferson.
• The earliest mention was found in a 1944 cookbook called “Food of My Friends”.
• Cheese is one of the oldest foods in history, dating back 4000 years to the ancient Egyptians.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Celebrate National Cheeseball Day by making a cheeseball for friends and family. Remember to share a picture of your cheeseball on Social Media using #NationalCheeseballDay.
Easy Bacon Cheeseball recipe
2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese (softened)
2-1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 small pkg real bacon pieces
1 cup finely chopped pecans
In a medium bowl, smooth cream cheese. Mix and blend dressing mix, cheddar cheese and bacon into cream cheese. Shape mixture into a ball shape. Roll into nuts until covered. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
We were unable to find the creator of National Cheeseball Day during our research.
WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY
|Frederick Douglass Statue Ripped From its Base on Anniversary of his 1852 Anti-Slavery Speech|
It’s almost inevitable. Kids behaving badly in public and moms wanting to hide under a rock.
It happens to the best of moms!
So what’s a mom to do when her child begins to behave badly in public? How can a mom teach her children to behave themselves?
Reach for one of these healthy ingredients the next time your head is pounding.
When a headache strikes, you may run through your usual routine: Turn out the lights, lie down and pop a pain pill. But did you know that certain foods may ease, and even prevent, headaches? Add these soothing foods to your shopping list and find out for yourself.