Fall is the year’s most colorful time of year and depicts a fresh start! It’s time to take a step back to evaluate your wondrous wardrobe in search of vibrant colors, enchanting ensembles and earthy comforts. Is your closet lacking crisp brilliance but bountiful in flannel? Have no fear! We have a list of staple items needed to inspire and reinvent your fall wardrobe.
Here’s a look at trends gracing the magazine pages this fall:
1. A suede Chelsea boot is always a must have in cooler weather!
Whether a wedge or a flat, the *comfortable, yet fashionable shoe can be worn with skinny jeans, stretch pants or tights.
**Looking for extreme comfort? Try Dr. Scholl's version of the Chelsea, available at DSW.
·Dr. Scholl's Harlin Chelsea Boot ($59.95)
2. Do leather jackets ever go out of style?!
OK, maybe if you try to mix genuine and faux leather pieces.
- Macys ($358.99)
- Bloomingdales ($470)
3. Whether you pair them with a dress coat, bright button-down with
flats or stilettos and a leather jacket--
Black skinny pants are a must have!
- Forever 21, plus size ($20)
- White House Black Market ($78)
- Express ($79.99)
4. What do you call a bomber jacket, army jacket or double-breasted jacket during fall 2016? Military Chic! Simply pair the stylish jackets with ripped
jeans, black skinnies and boots.
- Bomber Jacket, Bloomingdale's ($88)
- Bomber Jacket, Asos ($44)
- Bomber Jacket, Charlotte
- Military Jacket, Ralph Lauren ($89.99)
- Military Jacket, Macy’s ($225)
- Military Jacket, Lord & Taylor ($115)
5. Mini Skirts
Bright prints, suede or textures--- show your legs!
- H&M ($35)
- BCBG ($58)
- Lane Bryant
- Saks Fifth Ave
A staple you may already have in your closet! This classic piece is paired with skinnies, thigh high boots (see below) and dresses.
- Nasty Gal ($98)
- BCBG ($228)
- Neiman Marcus ($420)
- Ted Baker ($435)
- Burberry ($950)
7. This season, stay on trend by striding into fall with thigh high boots!
- Steve Madden ($99)
- Buckle ($99.95)
- Jessica Simpson ($104.99)
- Nordstrom Rack ($119)
- Vince Camuto ($198)
- Stuart Weitzman ($598)
8. Not ready to show leg? Then opt for showing off your
shoulder with stylish sweaters, tops and dresses!
- Torrid ($34.99)
- H&M ($19.99)
- NY&C ($42.99)
- LOFT ($49.98)
If you’re a smart and savvy shopper, we know you already have it in your
closet, so does plaid really ever go out of style?! Just make sure you mix
it up! And that means accessories, including shoes and bags!
- Nordstrom, bag ($278)
- Marc by Marc Jacobs, scarf ($150)
- Neiman Marcus, tights ($32)